Monday, January 17, 2011

two times

Stories
Miracles are too big for memory
the myths are chicken wire,
smoke rubbed forcefully into mirrors
the reflection degrades with every retelling.

Falling (edited freewrite)
I cured the moment by giving in to gravity
let the adrenaline tilt into my skin.
As midnight howled beneath my helmet
the world stood immovable beneath the doe-eyed whistling wheels.
I've got acid in my legs and acid in my backside
(Heartbreak is a chemical burn
that breathes out
reaches back through your capillaries as you try to leave).

My body is composed of collapsible organs:
A pumping origami heart
(she thinks she can tell the future)
intestines knotted into ampersands
& a liver that fits smooth into a shot glass.

I know the beer will make it come out
& the elephants are tearing through my architecture.
My body is made of sockets & rocking chair stories
& Goddammit
I'm not changing the sheets until he takes me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment